Saturday, April 4, 2009

Unforgettable Letter

March 30, 2009

At Jakarta Toastmasters Club (JTC) meeting that night, I was sitting besides my dear friend, Imung Hikmah. She is an active woman, full of initiative and energy. These are the reasons why she becomes one of my favorite friends. I saw her for the first time in February 2006 when I was only six months with Toastmasters. And, Imung was a contestant at the area level of Toastmasters International Speech Contest. Her winning speech 'Sweet Revenge' put her all the way up to the Division level and she was placed the first runner-up for Division I.

We became friends when I've started to visit JTC regularly since September 2006. Imung is so expressive and eloquent speaker by far in the club. I admire her ability to write and the way she delivers her speeches. So, that Monday, at a special 'love letter' session, Ivan, our TOM (Toastmasters of the Meeting) asked all of us to write a love letter for anybody and anyone we like or love. For sure, some of us would have a chance to read our letters out loud in front of the audience. When Imung raised her hand asking for a chance to talk, I thought it must be interesting to listen to what she was going to say. However, after only few lines I realized that it was me she was talking about. Praise be! She had written that letter specially for me.

For me,
you are honey bunny sugar cake tummy yummy;
you're kind, you're my sweety pie.
You always make the JTC meeting hot and noisy with your contagious crunchy laugh,
hi hi hi... ha ha ha...
You are passionate laughter creature.
I love you, Vina
I love you.
Please stop humming now!
Just give me your hi hi hi...

Love,
Imung

When I reached home that night, I read Imung's letter over and over again. I was flattered by her witty words and I could see the funny side of them. After being friend with her for quite some time, I knew she really meant it.

I love you, too, Imung and this is the best letter I've ever got since I joined Toastmasters almost four years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment